If anyone has earned the right to speak up about the debate over BPI’s Boneless Lean Beef Trimmings, it is Nancy Donley. The founder of STOP Foodborne Illness, Nancy’s only son died from illness caused by eating E. coli O157:H7-contaminated ground beef in 1993. Since then she has dedicated her life to holding the food industry to the highest standards possible of safety. She has visited BPI’s facilities and met the company’s owners.
Click here to read her conclusions on the controversy currently swirling around what some have mistakenly dubbed “pink slime.”